The Carrboro Fire-Rescue Department is currently accepting applications for a process to begin in May. The process will be utilized to create a hiring list in the event of an opening. The hiring list will remain in effect for one year following the completion of the process.
Working for the Carrboro Fire-Rescue Department offers women and men of all backgrounds a potentially exciting and rewarding career opportunity. While we do not always have openings available, we welcome inquiries from interested persons at any time!
We have designed this page to give you an idea of the general requirements for employment with us. Please note, this page is not a comprehensive description of all the job requirements but an overview only.
Requirements & Job Description
- Carrboro firefighters work an average of 10, 24-hour shifts per month on the following rotation: 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 96 off
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the time of hire and posses a high school diploma or GED
- Candidates are subject to a physical agility test, medical exam, and criminal / driving records check
- NC Firefighter Level II and EMT are not required, but are considered beneficial
- Our current starting salary is $35,497
- View our excellent benefits package (PDF)
Applying for an Opening
If a position is currently advertised, you may download an employment application from the Town of Carrboro Human Resources Department. View the current list of employment opportunities at the Town of Carrboro.
For any additional questions, please call 919-918-7348.